This week on Whats for Dinner we are looking at the first fruit of the season…STRAWBERRIES!
- A strawberry has, on average, 200 seeds.
- Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside. It is argued that, for this reason, it cannot be considered a real berry, since berries carry seeds on the inside.
- Over 53 percent of seven to nine-year-olds picked strawberries as their favorite fruit.
- In a test, subjects who ate nitrate rich foods like strawberries, before exercising burned 100 more calories than those who did not.
- Strawberries are grown in all 50 states!
As we all know…the number one way to eat a strawberry is FRESH! But did you know that you can also add them in TONS of baked goods, you can freeze them, and you can dehydrate them!
Here is Bauman Granddaughter Hailey from a few years back signing her little song about strawberries
Until next time!!